- The System for Award Management - Mandatory registration for federal contracts and grants. https://www.sam.gov This is a free registration.
- DUNS Number - a unique 9-digit sequence required to register in the SAM System. A DUNS number is assigned to each business location. To register, go to: http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) - This six-digit code is used to identify types of industry. To search for your NAICS, go to: www.census.gov/naics
- NAICS Size Standard - A size standard is the largest that a concern can be and still qualify as a small business for Federal Government programs. Click here to search.
- Federal Supply Code (FSC) / Product Service Code (PSC) - federal purchasing codes for products, services, and research and development (R&D). Click here to search codes.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) - Basic set of federal acquisition rules. Regulates what contracting decision-makers do and impacts what contractors are supposed to do. http://www.acquisition.gov/far
New York State
- Office of General Services Procurement Services Group - contracts for use by State agencies, political subdivisions and other organizations authorized by law to purchase from State contracts. Businesses may register to receive bid notices.
- New York State Contract Reporter - the State’s official publication of procurement activity for all state agencies, public authorities, and public benefit corporations. Municipalities and local governments may also, but are not required to, submit ads.
Monroe County, NY
- Monroe County Division of Purchasing and Central Services - Vendor Database Registration and Commodities List
Utilized by eligible towns and villages, school districts, fire districts and other districts or public authorities located entirely or partly within Monroe County.
City of Rochester, NY
City of Rochester Purchasing Bureau - Vendor Database Registration and Class of Goods/Services Supplied